Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Vices.

Vice is defined as an immoral or evil habit or practice.  Growing up, I feel like I had a lot of unhealthy vices.  Instead of facing my fears and past, I decided to bury it in the numbing effects of certain things.  Now that I am "older" though, I am trying very hard to change these vices.  And now, I have decided, that all things outdoors will be my vice (climbing, biking, ect).  Lately, whenever I have had an urge to do something that I shouldn't, I have forced myself to go climb, or go on a run, or a bike ride, or even lay out back while reading.  These seem silly, but they have helped to calm me and make me a healthier person.  Am I more tired after going for a run or a bike ride? Yes. But I am also less stressed.  I'm happier.  I'm doing better.  So I can deal with my body being sore or a little less rest if it means that I overcome my weaknesses.  You guys should all try it.  What have you got to lose?
(A picture from today)

No comments:

Post a Comment